A traditonal spanish recipe a flavoursome dish with a authentic taste of Spain - Huevos a la Flamenca
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 100g Serrano ham, chopped
- 100g chorizo, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon paprika, preferably Spanish sweet pimento
- 800g canned tomatoes, chopped
- 150g peas or broad beans, or both (frozen is fine)
- 100ml light chicken stock or water
- 350g potatoes, peeled and diced into 1cm cubes
- 100g morcilla sausage, chopped
- 8 organic eggs
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based saucepan and add the ham and chorizo. Saute over a medium heat for five minutes, until they are beginning to crisp and the chorizo has given up most of its orange fat. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add the onion, garlic and paprika to the pan and cook over a low heat until the onion has softened. Tip in the tomatoes, peas or beans, stock or water and potatoes and bring to a simmer. - over and cook over a low heat for ten to 15 minutes, until Ire potatoes are tender.
Preheat the oven to 200C /400F/ Gas Mark 6. Return the ham and chorizo to the pan and stir in the morcilla, being careful not to break up the delicate sausage. Warm through and season with sea salt and black pepper.
Divide the mixture between four individual ovenproof dishes. Make two little indentations in each portion and break the eggs into them. Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for eight to ten minutes, until the egg whites have just set.